[Cryptography] Need some help regaining access to a server

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Thu Sep 12 23:45:09 EDT 2019

In article <DD32485F-C6AD-4932-B2A1-EB9075709E1B at flownet.com> you write:
>I forgot to mention: the machine is an AWS VM.  The owner took their AWS admin password to the grave with
>them as well.

That sounds like the kind of problem one addresses with a phone call
and a death certificate.  AWS can certainly reset the password.

For the past couple of months I've been cleaning up my late father's
online existence and have found it pretty easy to get access to his
accounts so I can clean out whatever's there and close them.  Closing
his Amazon Prime account was easy, one phone call to their call
center.  They even sent a refund.

R's,
John