[Cryptography] Encryption and anonymity as top tools for images of child sexual abuse

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Fri Oct 4 01:09:18 EDT 2019

On Wed, 2 Oct 2019, Bill Frantz wrote:

> Or as an Australian said to me, "We're lucky. We got the criminals, you
> got the religious fanatics."

I know - somewhat OT - but Aussies these days are proud of being descended
from convicts :-)  At one time we were ashamed...

It's now fashionable to say things like "my great-great-grandfather was
transported for stealing a loaf of bread" (he just wanted to feed his
family, and there was no welfare in those days).

How things change (including crypto; it's damned hard figuring out just
what protocol was negotiated for things like accessing your bank, and as
for inter-bank transfers)...

-- Dave