[Cryptography] Very best practice for RSA key generation

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Sat Nov 2 22:28:16 EDT 2019

On 2019-10-27 05:45, Bill Stewart wrote:
> On 10/17/2019 12:23 PM, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
>> The basic idea is that a user has a key which expressed in Base32
>> looks like this:
>>
>> ZAAA-UJUY-H7TF-SFLK-CWAW-TKC4-O5HQ
>
> This is a UI suggestion, not a cryptographic one, but in addition to
> supporting keys like that, it might be useful to also allow keys
> to be input in "Correct Horse Battery Staple" dictionary-word form.

It is plausible that "Correct Horse Battery Staple" makes it easier to
enter high entropy pass phrases, and I am inclined to believe it, but
such pass phrases are longer than base 32 or base 64 passphrases, hence
more opportunities to get it wrong, and I would like to see some UI
testing for passphrases of the same entropy.