[Cryptography] Schnorr multisignatures based on ED22519

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Tue May 7 03:06:28 EDT 2019

On 06/05/2019 22:16, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
> I think the Schnorr signatures are really useful and important. But I
> would need to see a CFRG RFC and peer review before making use of them
> in a spec.

My ignorant opinion is that you would be fine using a well known
algorithm, such as Schnorr signatures, in a prime group such as
ristretto255, but in a non prime group such as Ed25519, likely to shoot
yourself in the foot, and if you roll your own algorithm, likely to
shoot yourself in the foot even with a prime group.