[Cryptography] Best/simplest document encryption

david wong davidwong.crypto at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 19:48:39 EDT 2019

>> Hey, I needed something like that so I wrote
>> https://github.com/mimoo/eureka
>>

> I'm obviously missing something here, but what is the advantage of
> eureka over pgp or gpg?

It’s not based on asymmetric cryptography. Every time you want to encrypt you will generate a new key, you then have to give the key and the encrypted files to your recipient in two different channels.

It’s way simpler to use. I basically wrote this because I was tired of my clients not wanting to use pgp or spending too much time to figure it out.

The code is extremely simple and I was hopping to have good integration on different platform.

Cheers,
David