[Cryptography] Best/simplest document encryption

Tom Mitchell mitch at niftyegg.com
Thu Mar 21 18:41:08 EDT 2019

On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 3:11 PM Henry Baker <hbaker1 at pipeline.com> wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> Here's the most basic crypto question of all:
>
> What is the best (most secure & easiest to
> use) system

> I don't trust Chrome or Firefox to do the
> encryption/decryption

 A requirement needs to include "split" and a way to reassemble.
I constantly run into mail attachment limits for sender and receiver.
Modern digital camera images are getting BIG as are other modern media.
Since I run into this I suspect others will also.

A bit clumsy is the Linux package on Windows 10 but it does
give a lot of resources with no additional cost but scripting and
pipelines
Google packages account data collections in zip files. File archives
in tar, cpio, etc. seem less portable.  I do not think Zip encryption
is worth looking at, but is worth a comment.

So for something not to do unless I am ill informed.
https://www.northeastern.edu/securenu/sensitive-information-2/how-to-use-7-zip-to-encrypt-files-and-folders/

--
   T o m    M i t c h e l l