[Cryptography] The Voynich Manuscript as a product of a mental health disorder

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Tue Jan 22 18:40:53 EST 2019

In article <20190121214938.GB24508 at tau1.ceti.pl> you write:
>This is very interesting hypothesis, but I would like to see (or, I
>wonder it there is) some kind of statistics: how often those kinds of
>diseases result in producing a manual written in cryptic /
>undecipherable language?

A reasonable question, but the answer only has to be "more than
never."  As far as we know, there is nothing else like this
manuscript, so whatever confluence of factors produced it has to be
possible, but need not be, indeed should not be, likely.

Regards,

PS: if you think of it as a written version of ecstatic religious
speaking in tongues, that happens all the time.