[Cryptography] Government shutdown: TLS certificates not renewed, many websites are down

Tom Mitchell mitch at niftyegg.com
Sat Jan 12 20:14:44 EST 2019

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 10:48 PM Udhay Shankar N <udhay at pobox.com> wrote:

> https://www.zdnet.com/article/government-shutdown-tls-certificates-not-renewed-many-websites-are-down/
>
> More than 80 TLS certificates used by US government websites have expired
> so far without being renewed, leaving some websites inaccessible to the
> public.

For whitehouse.gov
Issued On
Sunday, December 23, 2018 at 4:00:00 PM
Expires On
Tuesday, March 24, 2020 at 5:00:00 AM

Now I need to look at the 80 to see if there are systematics to the list.
I dislike thing that look dumb on one side and well planned on another.
The partial government shutdown that began Dec. 22.  How was the WH issued
a fresh cert
after the shutdown. Who works on Sunday especially with a shutdown.  Who
paid the fee?

--
   T o m    M i t c h e l l