[Cryptography] In the event of my death, master password

Paul F Fraser paulf at a2zliving.com
Wed Feb 27 18:42:54 EST 2019

Hi,

Trying to work out for my project, how best to handle a master password for relatives and others to
access data after death, including data about ongoing subscriptions etc..

Some thoughts

 1. Password in sealed envelope which would be obvious if accessed.
 2. Pin number in sealed envelope which could decrypt the password.
 3. Split password and have friends or relatives have parts.
 4. Shamir secret sharing with friends or relatives.
 5. etc..

More to the point, is how would you (with a technical background) like to access yout parents
password for example?

How best would a non technical person, possibly very old, access the passsword with minimum friction.

Links to any previous discussions on this matter would be appreciated.

Paul Fraser