[Cryptography] Very best practice for RSA key generation

Ray Dillinger bear at sonic.net
Thu Dec 19 12:55:53 EST 2019

On 2019-11-07 (311), at 17:10:43, Jon Callas <jon at callas.org>
> wrote:
> > On Nov 6, 2019, at 3:31 PM, jamesd at echeque.com wrote:
> >
> > Which requires a word list, which I don't have, and algorithm to
> > pick the nearest word in that word list, which I don't have and do
> > not particularly want to write.
>
> Outsource that issue to someone else, then. There might be correction
> packages around or even OS functions you could use.

Oh fer cryin out loud.  I'm in text-based AI. You can get those
anywhere, they're standard. But for the record, and for the archives
since this is a cryptography list, here they are:

First, some standard, published c# code to count Levenshtein distance.
This is "edit distance", or the number of character changes (position
swaps, additions, subtractions) needed to change one word into another.

Second, the most frequent 3000 English Words, as counted by Education
First.

This is the easy part.  Now quit making excuses.  :-)

				Bear

-----------code---------------
private static int  CalcLevenshteinDistance(string a, string b)
    {
    if (String.IsNullOrEmpty(a) && String.IsNullOrEmpty(b)) {
        return 0;
    }
    if (String.IsNullOrEmpty(a)) {
        return b.Length;
    }
    if (String.IsNullOrEmpty(b)) {
        return a.Length;
    }
    int  lengthA   = a.Length;
    int  lengthB   = b.Length;
    var  distances = new int[lengthA + 1, lengthB + 1];
    for (int i = 0;  i <= lengthA;  distances[i, 0] = i++);
    for (int j = 0;  j <= lengthB;  distances[0, j] = j++);

    for (int i = 1;  i <= lengthA;  i++)
        for (int j = 1;  j <= lengthB;  j++)
            {
            int  cost = b[j - 1] == a[i - 1] ? 0 : 1;
            distances[i, j] = Math.Min
                (
                Math.Min(distances[i-1, j]+1, distances[i, j - 1] + 1),
                distances[i - 1, j - 1] + cost
                );
            }
    return distances[lengthA, lengthB];
    }

---------------word list---------------

a abandon ability able abortion about above abroad absence
absolute absolutely absorb abuse academic accept access accident
accompany accomplish according account accurate accuse achieve
achievement acid acknowledge acquire across act action active
activist activity actor actress actual actually ad adapt add
addition additional address adequate adjust adjustment
administration administrator admire admission admit adolescent
adopt adult advance advanced advantage adventure advertising
advice advise adviser advocate affair affect afford afraid
African African-American after afternoon again against age agency
agenda agent aggressive ago agree agreement agricultural ah ahead
aid aide AIDS aim air aircraft airline airport album alcohol
alive all alliance allow ally almost alone along already also
alter alternative although always AM amazing American among
amount analysis analyst analyze ancient and anger angle angry
animal anniversary announce annual another answer anticipate
anxiety any anybody anymore anyone anything anyway anywhere apart
apartment apparent apparently appeal appear appearance apple
application apply appoint appointment appreciate approach
appropriate approval approve approximately Arab architect area
argue argument arise arm armed army around arrange arrangement
arrest arrival arrive art article artist artistic as Asian aside
ask asleep aspect assault assert assess assessment asset assign
assignment assist assistance assistant associate association
assume assumption assure at athlete athletic atmosphere attach
attack attempt attend attention attitude attorney attract
attractive attribute audience author authority auto available
average avoid award aware awareness away awful baby back
background bad badly bag bake balance ball ban band bank bar
barely barrel barrier base baseball basic basically basis basket
basketball bathroom battery battle be beach bean bear beat
beautiful beauty because become bed bedroom beer before begin
beginning behavior behind being belief believe bell belong below
belt bench bend beneath benefit beside besides best bet better
between beyond Bible big bike bill billion bind biological bird
birth birthday bit bite black blade blame blanket blind block
blood blow blue board boat body bomb bombing bond bone book boom
boot border born borrow boss both bother bottle bottom boundary
bowl box boy boyfriend brain branch brand bread break breakfast
breast breath breathe brick bridge brief briefly bright brilliant
bring British broad broken brother brown brush buck budget build
building bullet bunch burden burn bury bus business busy but
butter button buy buyer by cabin cabinet cable cake calculate
call camera camp campaign campus can Canadian cancer candidate
cap capability capable capacity capital captain capture car
carbon card care career careful carefully carrier carry case cash
cast cat catch category Catholic cause ceiling celebrate
celebration celebrity cell center central century CEO ceremony
certain certainly chain chair chairman challenge chamber champion
championship chance change changing channel chapter character
characteristic characterize charge charity chart chase cheap
check cheek cheese chef chemical chest chicken chief child
childhood Chinese chip chocolate choice cholesterol choose
Christian Christmas church cigarette circle circumstance cite
citizen city civil civilian claim class classic classroom clean
clear clearly client climate climb clinic clinical clock close
closely closer clothes clothing cloud club clue cluster coach
coal coalition coast coat code coffee cognitive cold collapse
colleague collect collection collective college colonial color
column combination combine come comedy comfort comfortable
command commander comment commercial commission commit commitment
committee common communicate communication community company
compare comparison compete competition competitive competitor
complain complaint complete completely complex complicated
component compose composition comprehensive computer concentrate
concentration concept concern concerned concert conclude
conclusion concrete condition conduct conference confidence
confident confirm conflict confront confusion Congress
congressional connect connection consciousness consensus
consequence conservative consider considerable consideration
consist consistent constant constantly constitute constitutional
construct construction consultant consume consumer consumption
contact contain container contemporary content contest context
continue continued contract contrast contribute contribution
control controversial controversy convention conventional
conversation convert conviction convince cook cookie cooking cool
cooperation cop cope copy core corn corner corporate corporation
correct correspondent cost cotton couch could council counselor
count counter country county couple courage course court cousin
cover coverage cow crack craft crash crazy cream create creation
creative creature credit crew crime criminal crisis criteria
critic critical criticism criticize crop cross crowd crucial cry
cultural culture cup curious current currently curriculum custom
customer cut cycle dad daily damage dance danger dangerous dare
dark darkness data date daughter day dead deal dealer dear death
debate debt decade decide decision deck declare decline decrease
deep deeply deer defeat defend defendant defense defensive
deficit define definitely definition degree delay deliver
delivery demand democracy Democrat democratic demonstrate
demonstration deny department depend dependent depending depict
depression depth deputy derive describe description desert
deserve design designer desire desk desperate despite destroy
destruction detail detailed detect determine develop developing
development device devote dialogue die diet differ difference
different differently difficult difficulty dig digital dimension
dining dinner direct direction directly director dirt dirty
disability disagree disappear disaster discipline discourse
discover discovery discrimination discuss discussion disease dish
dismiss disorder display dispute distance distant distinct
distinction distinguish distribute distribution district diverse
diversity divide division divorce DNA do doctor document dog
domestic dominant dominate door double doubt down downtown dozen
draft drag drama dramatic dramatically draw drawing dream dress
drink drive driver drop drug dry due during dust duty each eager
ear early earn earnings earth ease easily east eastern easy eat
economic economics economist economy edge edition editor educate
education educational educator effect effective effectively
efficiency efficient effort egg eight either elderly elect
election electric electricity electronic element elementary
eliminate elite else elsewhere e-mail embrace emerge emergency
emission emotion emotional emphasis emphasize employ employee
employer employment empty enable encounter encourage end enemy
energy enforcement engage engine engineer engineering English
enhance enjoy enormous enough ensure enter enterprise
entertainment entire entirely entrance entry environment
environmental episode equal equally equipment era error escape
especially essay essential essentially establish establishment
estate estimate etc ethics ethnic European evaluate evaluation
even evening event eventually ever every everybody everyday
everyone everything everywhere evidence evolution evolve exact
exactly examination examine example exceed excellent except
exception exchange exciting executive exercise exhibit exhibition
exist existence existing expand expansion expect expectation
expense expensive experience experiment expert explain
explanation explode explore explosion expose exposure express
expression extend extension extensive extent external extra
extraordinary extreme extremely eye fabric face facility fact
factor factory faculty fade fail failure fair fairly faith fall
false familiar family famous fan fantasy far farm farmer fashion
fast fat fate father fault favor favorite fear feature federal
fee feed feel feeling fellow female fence few fewer fiber fiction
field fifteen fifth fifty fight fighter fighting figure file fill
film final finally finance financial find finding fine finger
finish fire firm first fish fishing fit fitness five fix flag
flame flat flavor flee flesh flight float floor flow flower fly
focus folk follow following food foot football for force foreign
forest forever forget form formal formation former formula forth
fortune forward found foundation founder four fourth frame
framework free freedom freeze French frequency frequent
frequently fresh friend friendly friendship from front fruit
frustration fuel full fully fun function fund fundamental funding
funeral funny furniture furthermore future gain galaxy gallery
game gang gap garage garden garlic gas gate gather gay gaze gear
gender gene general generally generate generation genetic
gentleman gently German gesture get ghost giant gift gifted girl
girlfriend give given glad glance glass global glove go goal God
gold golden golf good government governor grab grade gradually
graduate grain grand grandfather grandmother grant grass grave
gray great greatest green grocery ground group grow growing
growth guarantee guard guess guest guide guideline guilty gun guy
habit habitat hair half hall hand handful handle hang happen
happy hard hardly hat hate have he head headline headquarters
health healthy hear hearing heart heat heaven heavily heavy heel
height helicopter hell hello help helpful her here heritage hero
herself hey hi hide high highlight highly highway hill him
himself hip hire his historian historic historical history hit
hold hole holiday holy home homeless honest honey honor hope
horizon horror horse hospital host hot hotel hour house household
housing how however huge human humor hundred hungry hunter
hunting hurt husband hypothesis I ice idea ideal identification
identify identity ie if ignore ill illegal illness illustrate
image imagination imagine immediate immediately immigrant
immigration impact implement implication imply importance
important impose impossible impress impression impressive improve
improvement in incentive incident include including income
incorporate increase increased increasing increasingly incredible
indeed independence independent index Indian indicate indication
individual industrial industry infant infection inflation
influence inform information ingredient initial initially
initiative injury inner innocent inquiry inside insight insist
inspire install instance instead institution institutional
instruction instructor instrument insurance intellectual
intelligence intend intense intensity intention interaction
interest interested interesting internal international Internet
interpret interpretation intervention interview into introduce
introduction invasion invest investigate investigation
investigator investment investor invite involve involved
involvement Iraqi Irish iron Islamic island Israeli issue it
Italian item its itself jacket jail Japanese jet Jew Jewish job
join joint joke journal journalist journey joy judge judgment
juice jump junior jury just justice justify keep key kick kid
kill killer killing kind king kiss kitchen knee knife knock know
knowledge lab label labor laboratory lack lady lake land
landscape language lap large largely last late later Latin latter
laugh launch law lawn lawsuit lawyer lay layer lead leader
leadership leading leaf league lean learn learning least leather
leave left leg legacy legal legend legislation legitimate lemon
length less lesson let letter level liberal library license lie
life lifestyle lifetime lift light like likely limit limitation
limited line link lip list listen literally literary literature
little live living load loan local locate location lock long
long-term look loose lose loss lost lot lots loud love lovely
lover low lower luck lucky lunch lung machine mad magazine mail
main mainly maintain maintenance major majority make maker makeup
male mall man manage management manager manner manufacturer
manufacturing many map margin mark market marketing marriage
married marry mask mass massive master match material math matter
may maybe mayor me meal mean meaning meanwhile measure
measurement meat mechanism media medical medication medicine
medium meet meeting member membership memory mental mention menu
mere merely mess message metal meter method Mexican middle might
military milk million mind mine minister minor minority minute
miracle mirror miss missile mission mistake mix mixture mm-hmm
mode model moderate modern modest mom moment money monitor month
mood moon moral more moreover morning mortgage most mostly mother
motion motivation motor mount mountain mouse mouth move movement
movie Mr Mrs Ms much multiple murder muscle museum music musical
musician Muslim must mutual my myself mystery myth naked name
narrative narrow nation national native natural naturally nature
near nearby nearly necessarily necessary neck need negative
negotiate negotiation neighbor neighborhood neither nerve nervous
net network never nevertheless new newly news newspaper next nice
night nine no nobody nod noise nomination none nonetheless nor
normal normally north northern nose not note nothing notice
notion novel now nowhere n't nuclear number numerous nurse nut
object objective obligation observation observe observer obtain
obvious obviously occasion occasionally occupation occupy occur
ocean odd odds of off offense offensive offer office officer
official often oh oil ok okay old Olympic on once one ongoing
onion online only onto open opening operate operating operation
operator opinion opponent opportunity oppose opposite opposition
option or orange order ordinary organic organization organize
orientation origin original originally other others otherwise
ought our ourselves out outcome outside oven over overall
overcome overlook owe own owner pace pack package page pain
painful paint painter painting pair pale Palestinian palm pan
panel pant paper parent park parking part participant participate
participation particular particularly partly partner partnership
party pass passage passenger passion past patch path patient
pattern pause pay payment PC peace peak peer penalty people
pepper per perceive percentage perception perfect perfectly
perform performance perhaps period permanent permission permit
person personal personality personally personnel perspective
persuade pet phase phenomenon philosophy phone photo photograph
photographer phrase physical physically physician piano pick
picture pie piece pile pilot pine pink pipe pitch place plan
plane planet planning plant plastic plate platform play player
please pleasure plenty plot plus PM pocket poem poet poetry point
pole police policy political politically politician politics poll
pollution pool poor pop popular population porch port portion
portrait portray pose position positive possess possibility
possible possibly post pot potato potential potentially pound
pour poverty powder power powerful practical practice pray prayer
precisely predict prefer preference pregnancy pregnant
preparation prepare prescription presence present presentation
preserve president presidential press pressure pretend pretty
prevent previous previously price pride priest primarily primary
prime principal principle print prior priority prison prisoner
privacy private probably problem procedure proceed process
produce producer product production profession professional
professor profile profit program progress project prominent
promise promote prompt proof proper properly property proportion
proposal propose proposed prosecutor prospect protect protection
protein protest proud prove provide provider province provision
psychological psychologist psychology public publication publicly
publish publisher pull punishment purchase pure purpose pursue
push put qualify quality quarter quarterback question quick
quickly quiet quietly quit quite quote race racial radical radio
rail rain raise range rank rapid rapidly rare rarely rate rather
rating ratio raw reach react reaction read reader reading ready
real reality realize really reason reasonable recall receive
recent recently recipe recognition recognize recommend
recommendation record recording recover recovery recruit red
reduce reduction refer reference reflect reflection reform
refugee refuse regard regarding regardless regime region regional
register regular regularly regulate regulation reinforce reject
relate relation relationship relative relatively relax release
relevant relief religion religious rely remain remaining
remarkable remember remind remote remove repeat repeatedly
replace reply report reporter represent representation
representative Republican reputation request require requirement
research researcher resemble reservation resident resist
resistance resolution resolve resort resource respect respond
respondent response responsibility responsible rest restaurant
restore restriction result retain retire retirement return reveal
revenue review revolution rhythm rice rich rid ride rifle right
ring rise risk river road rock role roll romantic roof room root
rope rose rough roughly round route routine row rub rule run
running rural rush Russian sacred sad safe safety sake salad
salary sale sales salt same sample sanction sand satellite
satisfaction satisfy sauce save saving say scale scandal scared
scenario scene schedule scheme scholar scholarship school science
scientific scientist scope score scream screen script sea search
season seat second secret secretary section sector secure
security see seed seek seem segment seize select selection self
sell Senate senator send senior sense sensitive sentence separate
sequence series serious seriously serve service session set
setting settle settlement seven several severe sex sexual shade
shadow shake shall shape share sharp she sheet shelf shell
shelter shift shine ship shirt shit shock shoe shoot shooting
shop shopping shore short shortly shot should shoulder shout show
shower shrug shut sick side sigh sight sign signal significance
significant significantly silence silent silver similar similarly
simple simply sin since sing singer single sink sir sister sit
site situation six size ski skill skin sky slave sleep slice
slide slight slightly slip slow slowly small smart smell smile
smoke smooth snap snow so so-called soccer social society soft
software soil solar soldier solid solution solve some somebody
somehow someone something sometimes somewhat somewhere son song
soon sophisticated sorry sort soul sound soup source south
southern Soviet space Spanish speak speaker special specialist
species specific specifically speech speed spend spending spin
spirit spiritual split spokesman sport spot spread spring square
squeeze stability stable staff stage stair stake stand standard
standing star stare start state statement station statistics
status stay steady steal steel step stick still stir stock
stomach stone stop storage store storm story straight strange
stranger strategic strategy stream street strength strengthen
stress stretch strike string strip stroke strong strongly
structure struggle student studio study stuff stupid style
subject submit subsequent substance substantial succeed success
successful successfully such sudden suddenly sue suffer
sufficient sugar suggest suggestion suicide suit summer summit
sun super supply support supporter suppose supposed Supreme sure
surely surface surgery surprise surprised surprising surprisingly
surround survey survival survive survivor suspect sustain swear
sweep sweet swim swing switch symbol symptom system table
tablespoon tactic tail take tale talent talk tall tank tap tape
target task taste tax taxpayer tea teach teacher teaching team
tear teaspoon technical technique technology teen teenager
telephone telescope television tell temperature temporary ten
tend tendency tennis tension tent term terms terrible territory
terror terrorism terrorist test testify testimony testing text
than thank thanks that the theater their them theme themselves
then theory therapy there therefore these they thick thin thing
think thinking third thirty this those though thought thousand
threat threaten three throat through throughout throw thus ticket
tie tight time tiny tip tire tired tissue title to tobacco today
toe together tomato tomorrow tone tongue tonight too tool tooth
top topic toss total totally touch tough tour tourist tournament
toward towards tower town toy trace track trade tradition
traditional traffic tragedy trail train training transfer
transform transformation transition translate transportation
travel treat treatment treaty tree tremendous trend trial tribe
trick trip troop trouble truck true truly trust truth try tube
tunnel turn TV twelve twenty twice twin two type typical
typically ugly ultimate ultimately unable uncle under undergo
understand understanding unfortunately uniform union unique unit
United universal universe university unknown unless unlike
unlikely until unusual up upon upper urban urge us use used
useful user usual usually utility vacation valley valuable value
variable variation variety various vary vast vegetable vehicle
venture version versus very vessel veteran via victim victory
video view viewer village violate violation violence violent
virtually virtue virus visible vision visit visitor visual vital
voice volume volunteer vote voter vs vulnerable wage wait wake
walk wall wander want war warm warn warning wash waste watch
water wave way we weak wealth wealthy weapon wear weather wedding
week weekend weekly weigh weight welcome welfare well west
western wet what whatever wheel when whenever where whereas
whether which while whisper white who whole whom whose why wide
widely widespread wife wild will willing win wind window wine
wing winner winter wipe wire wisdom wise wish with withdraw
within without witness woman wonder wonderful wood wooden word
work worker working works workshop world worried worry worth
would wound wrap write writer writing wrong yard yeah year yell
yellow yes yesterday yet yield you young your yours yourself
youth zone