[Cryptography] Well, that only took ten years

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Thu Aug 15 22:44:38 EDT 2019

In my earlier post, I mentioned that I'd been unable to get comments from any
CA on the change.  One has now commented:

  Yes, I work for a CA that issues EV certificates, but if there was no value
  in them, then our customers would certainly not be paying extra for them.
    - GlobalSign employee.

I've already added it to my quotes file :-).  In case you're wondering why I
find it amusing, consider this variant:

  Yes, I work for Monster Cable, but if there was no value in our cables then
  our customers would certainly not be paying extra for them.

Peter.