[Cryptography] WireGuard

Ryan Carboni ryacko at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 16:49:34 EDT 2018

I said this once before and I'll say it again, you people don't notice
anything. I have pointed out that the total cost for mining Bitcoin at
current difficulty proves that 80-bit security is still sufficient, which
is puzzling to some degree or another. Right now ~72-bit difficulty costs
less than a billion dollars to mine. (although it could be that all Bitcoin
miners aren't designed efficiently!)

Everyone here should know that the biggest issue everyone realized after
the Snowden revelations was metadata. People are still talking about
directly attacking crypto.

The direct cost of attacking DES is less than a majority of computer
vulnerabilities that the US government pays for. The Crypto War was
irrelevant.

It's probably useful to note that sponge constructions are just wide block
CFB with hidden state. It could be explored how to create other
constructions from block cipher modes of operation.

What good is end to end encryption if the end isn't secure? Double
transposition is potentially post-quantum secure.