[Cryptography] Brute force circa 1939

Tom Mitchell mitch at niftyegg.com
Thu Nov 15 15:54:09 EST 2018

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 12:03 PM Jerry Kemp <cryptosys at oryx.us> wrote:

> FWIW, I looked around is several locations, and was able to find
> "Espionage Agent" available on the Wayback Machine online here:

Thanks.

Of interest is that foreign service officers were trained.
Appointing an acquaintance from your golf club seems to ignore that on the
surface.

Some here may recall the appointment of Shirley Temple Black,
United States ambassador to Ghana and to Czechoslovakia, and
also served as Chief of Protocol of the United States.  There was a lot
of discussion involving her qualifications as I recall.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirley_Temple
There is a nice exemplar of her signature if anyone want to vote :-(
Smart lady it turns out.

--
   T o m    M i t c h e l l