[Cryptography] Table of vulnerable Efailhtml software

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue May 15 05:09:41 EDT 2018

Hi!

For us text based folks, here is a hopefully easier to read table from
the efail paper 0.9.0, page 11.  Watch our for all these nos.

          TABLE OF VULNERABLE MAIL CLIENTS

| OS      | Client          | S/MIME | PGP               |
|         |                 |        | -MDC | +MDC | SE  |
|---------+-----------------+--------+------+------+-----|
| Windows | Outlook 2007    | yes    | yes  | yes  | no  |
|         | Outlook 2010    | yes    | no   | no   | no  |
|         | Outlook 2013    | user   | no   | no   | no  |
|         | Outlook 2016    | user   | no   | no   | no  |
|         | Win. 10 Mail    | yes    | –    | –    | –   |
|         | Win. Live Mail  | yes    | –    | –    | –   |
|         | The Bat!        | user   | no   | no   | no  |
|         | Postbox         | yes    | yes  | yes  | yes |
|         | eM Client       | yes    | no   | yes  | no  |
|         | IBM Notes       | yes    | –    | –    | –   |
| Linux   | Thunderbird     | yes    | yes  | yes  | yes |
|         | Evolution       | yes    | no   | no   | no  |
|         | Trojitá         | yes    | no   | no   | no  |
|         | KMail           | user   | no   | no   | no  |
|         | Claws           | no     | no   | no   | no  |
|         | Mutt            | no     | no   | no   | no  |
| macOS   | Apple Mail      | yes    | yes  | yes  | yes |
|         | MailMate        | yes    | no   | no   | no  |
|         | Airmail         | yes    | yes  | yes  | yes |
| iOS     | Mail App        | yes    | –    | –    | –   |
|         | Canary Mail     | –      | no   | no   | no  |
| Android | K-9 Mail        | –      | no   | no   | no  |
|         | R2Mail2         | yes    | no   | yes  | no  |
|         | MailDroid       | yes    | no   | yes  | no  |
|         | Nine            | yes    | –    | –    | –   |
| Webmail | United Internet | –      | no   | no   | no  |
|         | Mailbox.org     | –      | no   | no   | no  |
|         | ProtonMail      | –      | no   | no   | no  |
|         | Mailfence       | –      | no   | no   | no  |
|         | GMail           | yes    | –    | –    | –   |
| Webapp  | Roundcube       | –      | no   | no   | yes |
|         | Horde IMP       | user   | no   | yes  | yes |
|         | AfterLogic      | –      | no   | no   | no  |
|         | Rainloop        | –      | no   | no   | no  |
|         | Mailpile        | –      | no   | no   | no  |

-    = Encryption not supported
no   = Not vulnerable
yes  = Vulnerable
user = Vulnerable after user consent

-MDC = with stripped MDC, +MDC = with wrong MDC, SE = SE packets

--
#  Please read:  Daniel Ellsberg - The Doomsday Machine  #