[Cryptography] FW: [13 Principles] An important urgent notice from EFF regarding PGP and S/MIME communications.

Jack Harper harper at secureoutcomes.net
Mon May 14 15:07:23 EDT 2018

[Hello Moderator: I am not certain what 'top posting' means.  I think
possibly that I need to flip the order perhaps. Please let me know if
I am wrong on this. Regards,  Jack]

At 12:48 AM 5/14/2018, James S. Tyre wrote:
>...An important urgent notice from EFF regarding PGP and S/MIME
>communications.
>https://twitter.com/seecurity/status/995906638556155904
>https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2018/05/attention-pgp-users-new-vulnerabilities-require-you-take-action-now
>Dear Colleagues, A group of European security researchers have
>released a warning about a set of vulnerabilities affecting users of
>PGP and S/MIME....

Am I correct that the found PGP flaw appears to only affect
enciphered e-mail traffic and not files that are enciphered by PGP
but not mailed?

I use PGP to protect sensitive files on my laptop when traveling etc.

Thoughts?

Regards,

Jack Harper
Secure Outcomes Inc