[Cryptography] Does RISC V solve Spectre ?

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Sun Mar 25 02:15:54 EDT 2018

People who are interested in these issues might be interested in
looking at the Mill architecture. <https://millcomputing.com/>

The TLDR is: The mill is a family of statically scheduled chips
with significant differences in number and type of functional
units. Using them to best effect falls on the compiler and a
post compiler phase called the specializer which prepares the
program for specific chip.

The web site has quite a bit about the technology, including
videos of public presentations of the technology.

Full disclosure: I worked with the Mill designers and
implementers for a short period of time. I didn't think I was
contributing very much so I dropped out, but I still think their
project is interesting and wish it success.

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz        | Airline peanut bag: "Produced  | Periwinkle
(408)356-8506      | in a facility that processes   | 16345
Englewood Ave
www.pwpconsult.com | peanuts and other nuts." - Duh | Los Gatos,
CA 95032