[Cryptography] Avoiding PGP

Alexander Klimov alserkli at inbox.ru
Wed Mar 14 18:08:21 EDT 2018

On Wed, 14 Mar 2018, Carlos Alas via cryptography wrote:
> My question is: Is there any substitute or equivalent? And I am
> aware that many people advice to use Signal, however I am wondering
> about an e-mail specific alternative.

As far as the use-case is to send messages to offline users you know,
PGP is simply perfect. Practically, as far as family and close friends
go, you can set it up for your kids or grandma and it simply works.

The problem only starts then none of the users is tech-savvy or only
one is and he cannot support the other. I think this is quite rare
use-case and it is very unlikely that someone without knowledge or
support will be able to use any cryptographic system securely, so we
should not blame GnuPG here.

--
Regards,
ASK