[Cryptography] How fast can a blockchain go ? like Zilliqa?

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Thu Mar 8 16:14:18 EST 2018

On 3/7/18 at 10:24 AM, johnl at iecc.com (John Levine) wrote:

>In article <CAMm+LwgxJCXRoauPqbV4M3RDqfsb_EqRGas+uLQbKx2PbDUF8g at mail.gmail.com> you write:
>
>>The under appreciated part of BitCoin is the smart contracts. They don't do
>>much in Bitcoin world because it isn't really connected to anything real.
>>But if you were doing a system in which party A exchanges money/stock with
>>B and each then want to trade with C and D, you could use conditional
>>contracts, this one is good if node X has fixed point Y.
>
>Considering that any program large enough to be interesting is large enough
>to have bugs, I can hardly wait.

Note the Ethereum has built in smart contracts. They had a
blockchain split a while ago because of a mis-coded contract. I
wouldn't bet the farm on Ethereum contracts yet. Small contracts
are like betting at Reno. There is a significant chance of
losing, but it may fall within your fun budget.

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz        | gets() remains as a monument | Periwinkle
(408)356-8506      | to C's continuing support of | 16345
Englewood Ave
www.pwpconsult.com | buffer overruns.             | Los Gatos,
CA 95032