[Cryptography] Linear B

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Tue Jun 5 11:42:13 EDT 2018

Looks like I upset a couple of people...  My information is only as good
as my own sources i.e. a one-line summary, as I wasn't about to go into
any great depth (you can use an encyclopaedia for that).

The time to have complained would have been last year when I first posted
that item, with nary a squeak out of anyone (not even the moderator), and
the list has certainly strayed from "hard crypto" in the past with no
apparent objections from anyone.

How did people feel about "Happy birthday, Whitfield Diffie"?  I see that
I posted that one back in 2015, and again in 2016; is that somehow
regarded as OK, for some reason?

We'll be losing Alan Turing on Thursday; is that on- or off-topic?

A ruling please, Mr Moderator, as it appears that some here are more equal
than others...

-- Dave, who thought that "crypto" meant "hidden"