[Cryptography] Perfect Integrity?

Jerry Leichter leichter at lrw.com
Tue Jul 31 20:42:23 EDT 2018

A discussion in a separate thread caused me to wonder about the following:  A one-time pad provides provably perfect security (for an appropriate definition of security, but that's not that hard to come by).

Is there an accepted definition, and algorithm implementing it, for perfect integrity?  I don't recall seeing any work of this sort.

Just as a one-time pad isn't really practical except in very limited situations, I would expect a perfect integrity solution to be similarly of limited practical use.
                                                        -- Jerry