[Cryptography] Krugman blockchain currency skepticism

William Allen Simpson william.allen.simpson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 07:05:28 EDT 2018

Apparently, there's a blockchain conference coming up at the same time
as many of our other security conferences.

Krugman has a column today that's saying some things that have already
been posted here.  Hopefully will gain traction.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/31/opinion/transaction-costs-and-tethers-why-im-a-crypto-skeptic.html

Still, there were a couple of inaccuracies.  So I sent a short message,
but he's traveling and will not likely be able to make corrections.

====

Your headline today is inaccurate. Could you correct it?

Also, Bitcoin was announced Oct 31, 2008, on the moderated cryptography
mailing list maintained by my long-time collaborator Perry Metzger:
http://www.metzdowd.com/pipermail/cryptography/2008-October/014810.html

You wrote "eight years". Could you correct that, too?

You are a "blockchain" currency skeptic. Perry has actually gone so far
as to outlaw posts calling it crypto-currency:
http://www.metzdowd.com/pipermail/cryptography/2018-February/033917.html