[Cryptography] US contemplating its p0wn Great FireWall for 5G

Ray Dillinger bear at sonic.net
Mon Jan 29 14:39:37 EST 2018

On 01/29/2018 03:28 AM, jamesd at echeque.com wrote:
>> >    Google and Snopes promote fake news and suppress news and evidence
>> >    that contradicts fake news.
>
> On 29/01/2018 14:22, Ben Laurie wrote:
>> For example?
>
> Compare:
> https://www.google.com/search?q=trick+to+hide+the+decline
> with
> https://duckduckgo.com/?q=trick+to+hide+the+decline

And now, clear all your cookies, go to Bing, and try the same search.

*gasp!*  *shock!*  DuckDuckGo is just repackaging what Microsoft wants
people to know!!!

DuckDuckGo is just a frontend/repackaging/licensing deal/whatever for
Bing content, made accessible without cookies and overt tracking. You're
still getting spun; it's just the spin from Redmond instead of the spin
from Mountain View.

I don't trust Google in particular.  But I have no reason to trust
Microsoft either.  Why should I be trusting that search results from
Bing are impartial or unbiased?

					Bear