[Cryptography] US contemplating its p0wn Great FireWall for 5G

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Sun Jan 28 21:49:03 EST 2018

On 29/01/2018 09:19, Henry Baker wrote:
> The Information Domain is a Key Area of Competition
>
> Goal: A network that reflects our principles
> * Rule of Law
> * Freedom of Speech
> * Freedom of Religion
> * Fair and Reciprocal Markets
>
> ---
>
> Networks are the Dominant Competition Space
>
> China is the Dominant Competitor
> * China has achieved a dominant position in the manufacture and operation of network infrastructure
> * China is the dominant malicious actor in the Information Domain

Not seeing a whole lot of freedom of speech on the US internet.  Twitter
censors "nazis" and "racists" and "sexists" and "trolls"

Google and Snopes promote fake news and suppress news and evidence that
contradicts fake news.

Facebook does both.

On the whole, Chinese overt and official censorship is more free than
our officially unofficial censorship.  Knowing what you are forbidden to
say is a breath of fresh air compared to being forbidden to know what
you are forbidden to say.

Further, Chinese overt and official censorship does not gaslight us with
a fake consensus the way Google's promotion of fake news and fake
consensus does.  The Chinese Party tells us that the party view is X,
and you will agree if you know what is good for you, Google tells us
that everyone's view is X, and if you disagree you must be ignorant,
stupid, crazy, and evil.

If you want to beat the officially regulated Chinese internet, need to
beat it with freedom and truth, not with an officially unofficially
regulated internet.