[Cryptography] Perth Mint to back crypto-currency with gold

Erik erik at erikgranger.name
Wed Jan 24 19:30:07 EST 2018

> ``Cryptocurrency backed by gold being developed by Perth Mint to entice
>   investors back to precious metals.

Every day I hear of some new idea to put something on a blockchain. It
started with currency, then deeds to property, then people were putting
their marriage vows on the blockchain, Kodak wants to put photos on the
blockchain so they can sue people for using them, and now we're trying
to put gold on a blockchain. Crazy days we're living in.