[Cryptography] Speculation considered harmful?

Henry Baker hbaker1 at pipeline.com
Fri Jan 12 14:18:31 EST 2018

Yet another situation where speculation is harmful...

https://legalfling.io/

Get explicit about sexual consent

Secured in the blockchain

Be the first one to have a LegalFling

Safe sex redefined

LegalFling is the first blockchain based app to verify explicit consent before having sex.

Do's and dont's

LegalFling matches your sexual preferences with that of your fling, making the do's and dont's clear to both of you.

Blockchain based

The LegalFling app verifies mutual consent.  Only the transaction hash is stored and timestamped in the blockchain, so your privacy is guaranteed.

Fully protected

Took a spicy video or photo?  You don't want that to go viral!  With LegalFling any leaking of footage is a breach of contract and easy to take to court.

About our app

LegalFling records sexual consent in a legally binding agreement, which is verifiable through the blockchain.

Sex should be fun and safe, but nowadays a lot of things can go wrong.  Think of unwanted videos, withholding information about STDs and offensive porn reenactment.  While you're protected by law, litigating any offenses through court is nearly impossible in reality.  LegalFling creates a legally binding agreement, which means any offense is a breach of contract.  By using the Live Contracts protocol, your private agreement is verifiable using the blockchain and enforceable with a single click.

Why do we need explicit sexual consent?

Safe sex is not only about using physical protection.  It's about consenting to what will happen in the bedroom.

#metoo dominated Twitter in 2017.  Sweden is going to implement a new law that requires explicit consent before sexual contact.  More countries are following their example.  Sex should not only be fun.  It should also be safe for everyone.  Asking someone to sign a contract before the fun starts is a little uncomfortable.  A simple swipe is easy as 1,2,3.

LegalFling is also good to have around when your fling turns into something steady.  Think of a spicy photo or video you made with your partner.  You don't want that to go viral when the relationship ends.  We've added these as extra possible clauses one should consent with before the act, so your fun is not shared with the rest of the world afterwards.

Awesome Features

LegalFling is launched with everything you need to have safe sex.  Amazing features to make it fun for everyone.  Check them out!

No hassle

Don't ruin the moment.  Asking to sign a contract to have sex can be akward.

Get sexual consent with a single tap.

Easy messaging

Requesting consent should be easy.

Send a Fling with WhatsApp, Telegram, Facebook Messenger or SMS.

Privacy guaranteed

You don't want to share your Flings with the rest of the world.  All Flings are encrypted with the highest standard available.

Personalize

It's up to you how far you want to take it.  Set boundaries and configure your personal preferences.

Penalty clauses

Escalate a breach with a single tap, triggering Cease and Desist letters and enforcing penalty payments.

Group Flings

For some, one guy or girl just won't do.  That's why we've added the possibility to send a Fling request to multiple people.

App screenshots

LegalFling allows you to request consent from any of your contacts.  Sit back and relax while your fling confirms.

Easy as one, two, three

During a fun night you meet your fling.  Now it's time to get consent.  Does your fling really want to take it further?  Simply open the LegalFling app, scroll to your contacts and send a request.  Your sexual preferences, including your do's and don'ts are automatically communicated.

Are you into BDSM but your fling isn't?  LegalFling matches sexual preferences automatically, so you're immediately aware what your fling doesn't appreciate and will not consent to.

Hopefully you will not be needing this further down the road.  But just in case, feel safe knowing that there is a legally binding agreement.  Any violation can be dealt with quickly and privately.

Frequently Asked Questions

You might have a lot of questions about the App.  As it is still in a proof of concept phase we will stick to answering the most important ones.  Subscribe to our mailing if you want to be kept up to date on the progress of our project.

The application generates a Live Contract, which is a legally binding agreement.  Just remember, the app is about setting clear rules and boundries, not breaking them.  To which extent the contract holds up in court depends on your country of residence.

Absolutely.  "No" means "no" at any time.  Being passed out means "no" at any time.  This is explicitly described in the agreement.  Additionally you can withdraw consent going forward through the LegalFling app with a single tap.

Yes.  This app is also useful for long term Flings.  You can add an infinite duration on the contract in the 'settings menu'.  For a short term Fling you can limit the duration of the consent to a couple of hours.  The penalty clauses will remain intact after that, for your protection.

Yes.  The minimum age to use the app depends on the minimum age to have sex in your country of residence.

No, on the contrary.  Getting explicit consent and expressing your do's and don'ts before sex should be the norm, but it typically doesn't happen.  LegalFling is a fun and clear way to set the rules before play.

We are currently working on the app.  It will be subject to approval by Apple and Google before it is available in the Google Play Store and App Store.

Download App

The app will be available for Android and iOS when we have enough supporters for our Project.

About Live Contracts

Live Contracts can be used to digitize any kind of agreement from simple contracts to complete laws.

LegalFling is a showcase for Live Contracts, demonstrating that an agreement doesn't have to be a 10 page document full of legal lingo that can only be enforced through lawyers.  A Live Contract is only shared between the parties involved, anchoring in the blockchain through hashing.  Rather than being a static document, you can interact with your Live Contract.  For example you can state that a cause has been breached.  Your application is able to understand the procedures described in the contract and automatically take actions like sending Cease and Desist letters.

We believe that Live Contracts can have a positive change on the world.  Accomplishing this requires mass adoption.  By tokenizing our license, we want to create an incentive for early adopters and a reward for the community that helps us push this technology.  LTO tokens are issued on the making them easy to hold and trade.

Copyright LegalFling All Rights Reserved

Be the first one to have a LegalFling

Subscibe with your e-mail to be the first to receive the LegalFling app.
----

No wonder Saturday Night Live has gotten out of the parody business...

Is there an analog to Godwin's law re sex?

Surely, blockchains such as this should be called "**ckchains" ?

I'm anticipating LegalFling's "ICO": "Initial Consent Offering"!