[Cryptography] NSA seeing large exodus?

Charles McElwain charlesmcelwainnola2 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 02:27:00 EST 2018

> On Jan 4, 2018, at 11:00 AM, cryptography-request at metzdowd.com wrote:
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>  12. Re: NSA seeing large exodus? (jamesd at echeque.com)

> Message: 12
> Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2018 11:24:50 +1000
> From: jamesd at echeque.com
> To: cryptography at metzdowd.com
> Subject: Re: [Cryptography] NSA seeing large exodus?
>
> On 1/4/2018 1:49 AM, Udhay Shankar N wrote:
>> https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/the-nsas-top-talent-is-leaving-because-of-low-pay-and-battered-morale/2018/01/02/ff19f0c6-ec04-11e7-9f92-10a2203f6c8d_story.html
>>
>> The National Security Agency is losing its top talent at a worrisome
>> rate as highly skilled personnel, some disillusioned with the spy
>> service’s leadership and an unpopular reorganization, take
>> higher-paying, more flexible jobs in the private sector.
>

> Not seeing this.  From what little I know about the NSA, seems to be
> losing idiots and people hired for their impressive qualifications in
> intersectional feminism.
>
> If you want to hire a political commissar, NSA refugees are just what
> you need.

Oh, puhleezzzz.

So, "impressive qualifications in intersectional feminism" as exemplified by such as Elizabeth Smith Friedman, (Deputy Director) Anna Caracristi, Maureen Baginski, Dorothy Blum, Sarah Botsai, Mary Budenbach, Barbara Clark, Wilma Davis, Agnes Driscoll, Genevieve Feinstein, Minnie Kenny, Velva Klaessy, Barbara McNamara, Marie Meyer, Juliana Mickwitz, Juanita Moody, Mary Louise Prather, Renetta Predmore-Lynch, Katherine Swift, Julia Wetzel, and Ruth Wilson.

Just to name a few off the top of my head (and the top of the modern honorees in the NSA’s “Women in American Cryptology”).

And perhaps, to add the women chronicled in Liza Mundy’s recent book, “Code Girls”, on Dot Braden and the other women working during WWII for the Army and Navy crypto efforts, at Arlington Hall and elsewhere.

These are some of the people who can inspire Robin Wood’s daughter, and youngsters - recall the recent thread on “paragraph with expected frequencies”.  Such comments as above do nothing for educating those of the future.

Charles