[Cryptography] Password and Other Encryption

Tom Mitchell mitch at niftyegg.com
Fri Jan 5 00:23:52 EST 2018

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 3:27 PM, Paul F Fraser <paulf at a2zliving.com> wrote:

> On 5/01/2018 9:23 AM, Paul F Fraser wrote:,
>

>> I am considering using Encryptor4j https://github.com/martinwitha
>> ar/Encryptor4j for general encryption purposes in my project.
>>

> A few points to add
> The encryption required is for a password vault.
> All password are handled internally and stored as byte arrays.
> They are only converted to ascii if and when necessary.

A password vault has a lot of technical details to get right.
Encryptor4 is a wrapper package that might be OK but
adds an additional  level of stuff that could get a detail wrong.

The site you list has a nice list of cautions... but password vaults
are difficult to get correct.  Do you homework....

--
  T o m    M i t c h e l l