[Cryptography] Hashgraph

Dennis E. Hamilton dennis.hamilton at acm.org
Mon Jan 1 15:41:11 EST 2018

-----Original Message-----
From: cryptography [mailto:cryptography-bounces+dennis.hamilton=acm.org at metzdowd.com] On Behalf Of Ismail Kizir
Sent: Monday, January 1, 2018 11:24
To: Paul F Fraser <paulf at a2zliving.com>
Subject: Spam (11.422):Re: [Cryptography] Hashgraph

[ ... ]

About the "consensus of 2/3", I mean, they can provide the security up
to 1/3 malicious nodes.
>From whitepaper on their site: (This is different than number of nodes
in this specific case; they talk about quantity of coins)
http://www.swirlds.com/downloads/Swirlds-and-Sybil-Attacks.pdf
"... The system will be secure if no attacker can obtain 1/3 of the
total StakeCoin owned by all the participating members put together.
The ledger swirld will continue to function as long as 2/3 of the
StakeCoin is owned by members who participate and are honest."

I watched a video of their creators on youtube.
They claim that: "By having 1/3 malicious nodes, anyone can corrupt
any system, including Blockchain" but, they didn't give any reference
for their claims.

[orcmid]
  This smells like some sort of hand-waving at Byzantine Agreement solutions.