[Cryptography] Cryptography national rules and freedom

Jan Dusatko jan at dusatko.org
Thu Dec 20 14:38:56 EST 2018

Dear,

I would like to apologize for this e-mail, may you can help me. Because
I collecting detailed data about national restriction of cryptography
(under term cryptography I mean software, hardware, devices, algorithm -
almost everything), could you take a look on questions bellow? Do any of
you have answer of those questions? You can contact me directly or by
this mailing list.
1) What is name of national authority responsible for cryptography and
computer security and could you provide their web pages?
2) Do national authority do restriction/recommendation for cryptography
used and is this recommendation available on web?
3) Do you have cybernetic law or its equivalent? This mean any law,
describing critical and important infrastructure, recommended rules and
responsibility.
4) Can person do develop, personal use, sell or buy cryptography? Do you
have a restriction/recommendation in law? Can you provide me link to
this law?
5) Can private organization do develop, use, sell or buy cryptography?
Do you have a restriction/recommendation in law? Can you provide me link
to this law?
6) Can state organization do developing, use, sell or buy cryptography?
Do you have a restriction/recommendation in law? Can you provide me link
to this law?
7) Do your country have any other restrictions related to cryptography,
like penalizing of VPN usage, prohibiting secure messengers … and so on?

Also, in case that you have friend around Europe, mainly from EU (28
states), EU cooperative (16 states) or NATO (29 states), their response
will be welcome also. I plan to create map, describing cryptography
freedom mainly in Europe. Also, list of contacts for national authority,
related laws and basic rules. In case that you have any points about, do
not hesitate and please contact me. Comments are welcome. I have been
inspired by map created by Bert-Jaap Koops on
http://www.cryptolaw.org/cls-sum.htm, but this map has been updated in
2013 last time. More, this map needs more details.

Regards

Jan

--
Jan Dušátko