[Cryptography] Komitments

Osman Kuzucu Hosting Web Tasarım Grafik bizbucaliyiz at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 19 12:24:41 EST 2018

Phill,

Please excuse my ignorance if I say something that is not feasible as I am fairly new to cryptography. However, I was thinking about a possible solution such that;

Bob’s message = Alice is an agent = a1

Time of the message = 01.01.1991 01:01 = b1

sha512(a1+b1) => result hash.

Bob then shares that result hash with some other third party and after Alice’s arrest, he shares the input data with third party and makes them verify the hash so he can prove he was the person who found about Alice.

As an example,

That is the sha512 hash of the text above;

881911688f51c786996f8a18142bd65d808c9fd342a705e8a3bdf3079dee656666c094f76cc2cc02d98930372bcd1054a0beb1eec6ba0ea53c0b1c8addfb8c72

And the exact text input that generated this hash is;

“Alice is an agent + 01.01.1991 01:01”

In that scenario, if Bob shares multiple keys with third party, using different names, such as “Jack is an agent” or “Gary is an agent” for making sure he can claim he did the discovery even if agent turns out someone else, the third party person might say “okay one hash was proof of you guessed the Alice ws agent, but what are others for?”. Such scheme would allow only one shot for Bob.

Again, excuse me if I said anything wrong. And please correct me so I can learn :)

Osman Kuzucu