[Cryptography] Does anyone have info on the Chrome password storage API?

Phillip Hallam-Baker phill at hallambaker.com
Sun Dec 9 14:10:38 EST 2018

I am looking for pieces of Mesh functionality that can be separated out.
One of the most obvious uses for it is to provide a true end-to-end secure
password manager in which the only information stored in the cloud is AES
encrypted data and a bunch of random numbers.

What I want to do is to be able to write a plug in so that

1) When Chrome asks to store a password it stores it in the Mesh
2) When Chrome starts, it retrieves the list of sites for which the
passwords are known from the Mesh.

Unfortunately, trying to find this information turns out to be really
challenging my Google fu as Google has recently announced a technology that
makes it easier for people to use their own password storage tech on their
site which is the exact opposite of what I want.