[Cryptography] Hohha quantum resistant end-to-end encryption protocol draft

Ersin Taskin hersintaskin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 03:45:09 EST 2018

On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 8:42 PM Alfie John <alfie at alfie.wtf> wrote:

> PSK doesn't work with Group Messaging. Initially PSK is fine when the
> group is created, but what happens when a member leaves? Using your
> model, every user will have to physically get together to roll over.
> Large groups are going to be next to impossible to manage in a
> sustainable way. Same goes for new members joining.

In my P2P PSK scheme grouping is not a problem. A set with more than two
elements is the union of its 2 element subsets. In my scheme the PSK group
is the union of its PSK pairs. Group communication is the sum of its P2P
PSK communications. Let me explain with an example: I create a group of 5
people: Alice, Bob, Charlie, Dave and me. I have PSK with Alice and Bob but
not with Carlie and Dave. Charlie is PSK connected to Alice and Dave is PSK
connected to Bob. Remember each couple has its unique PSK. Then if I send a
PSK message to the PSK group, my message goes to Alice and Bob directly and
to Charlie via Alice and Dave via Bob all with the P2P PSKs. See? Grouping
does not bring any complication in the P2P PSK scheme. Someone leaves the
group? Fine. He is removed from the group and messages sent to the group
never goes to him.
In P2P PSK scheme you have to be PSK connected to at least one member to be
able to subscribe to (communicate with) the group. At an implementation
arbitrary subscription rules can be made applicable. Like increasing the
subscription requirement up to being PSK connected to the majority or all
members, etc.
Regards,
Ersin