[Cryptography] WireGuard

danimoth danimoth at cryptolab.net
Thu Aug 30 16:24:15 EDT 2018

On 30/08/18 at 04:56pm, Howard Chu wrote:
> Jerry Leichter wrote:
> > Computer technology goes through these kinds of cycles.  It was not
> > so many years ago when it was "obvious" that certain things were
> > fixed forever:  The Intel x86 ISP was the end of CPU evolution; C
> > was the low-level language; Windows was the OS; VB was the
> > high-level language; desktops were the form factor.  All those
> > moments lost in time, like tears in rain.
>
> C is still the low-level language...

Might I disagree? That was true on PDP-11, not anymore. That opens up an
entire set of flaws which are introduced by hardware makers in the
tentative to speed up things, because we do not have anymore a fast low-level
language suitable for the modern hardware (well, except for ASM).

Worth reading: https://cacm.acm.org/magazines/2018/7/229036-c-is-not-a-low-level-language/abstract

Have a nice day

'moth