[Cryptography] Rescuing Encrypt-then-Sig

Ismail Kizir ikizir at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 08:26:02 EDT 2018

On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 11:21 AM, Natanael <natanael.l at gmail.com> wrote:
> There should be easier (or faster) ways. Why not HMAC both the plaintext and
> the ciphertext and bundle those two tags with the ciphertext? No need for
> multiple encryption, no new data leaks. Perhaps you can even sign the tags
> if you want to involve public keys, and maybe only separately encrypt the
> tags + signature if you want added privacy without encrypting the full
> plaintext message twice (but how would you know which key to use to decrypt,
> trial and error?).

My method is even easier & faster.
Because, the encryption & signing is nearly the same thing.
I just keep 16 byte state of some encryption variables as signature.
At the end of decryption, I just compare the state of same variables
with previously saved states during encryption.

As I told:
I invite everybody to take a look on my symmetric encryption algorithm at:

https://github.com/ikizir/HohhaDynamicXOR

Regards
Ismail Kizir