[Cryptography] what application creates single-use coded email addresses?

Aimable Niyikiza niyimunyura at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 04:57:43 EDT 2018

 I'm working on that specific service.

>  I am interested to know what application creates these addresses.  They
look to me like a good idea, but I can't find any information about it.

The closest service doing what I have in mind is Throttle (
https://throttlehq.com) but it's a paid service and has and number of
issues.

I can think of a dozen uses for such email mangling, first on the list
> being the ability to selectively reject mail sent to versions of the
> address that have made their way into the hands of spammers without
> rejecting versions of the address that are still in the hands of actual
> people you give a crap about communicating with.
>
> I was thinking about how it would be done...
>
> It's easy to imagine a filter in a firewall that discards four
> characters and then base64 decodes the local part of the 'to' field in
> email coming from outside the organization, then reverts the operation
> if that results in an invalid email address containing a backspace or
> something, and then appends the "as received" form of the address as a
> username string.

Just like others have pointed out, making rules to match "subscriptions" to
"pseudo-addresses" is the most challenging part.