[Cryptography] Password entry protocols

Léo El Amri leo at superlel.me
Mon Apr 2 12:43:28 EDT 2018

On 02/04/2018 16:55, Howard Chu wrote:
> Léo El Amri wrote:
>> On 01/04/2018 20:09, John Levine wrote:
>> specific action. As of today, I believe no smart-phone OS permit
>> user-space application from receiving events from this button.
>
> Not true, the power button is just another soft event, and the Power
> menu on Android (which pops up when pressing the power button) is fully
> customizable.

Sorry, I though the power menu customization could only be achieved on
the user-land with Xposed. Which itself require a rooted Android. What
is the other way ?

I checked the API for the hook on the power button. It seems indeed that
it's achievable.
https://developer.android.com/reference/android/view/KeyEvent.html#KEYCODE_POWER

I also found something that give the ability to show a window over all
activity windows. It seriously compromise the implementation if we can
mimic the look of the power menu.
https://developer.android.com/reference/android/view/WindowManager.LayoutParams.html#TYPE_APPLICATION_OVERLAY