[Cryptography] Zcash

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Thu Sep 28 00:34:58 EDT 2017

On 2017-09-26 09:29, Tom Mitchell wrote:

> A google tech talk on YouTube.
> https://youtu.be/uEdx-pqJg4I
> I will describe the Zerocash protocol, which uses zero knowledge
 > proofs to achieve privacy-preserving payments in a Bitcoin-like
 > system. This protocol was recently deployed in the wild, as part
 > of the cryptocurrency Zcash.

I don't find this talk very informative.  Does not explain in sufficient
detail that I could implement it, does not tell me how much extra
storage and processing power is required in peers that store and check
the entire blockchain.

Is there a white paper or web page that explains the underlying
technology in ZCash, how it works, how it scales, what it costs?

Sounds like standard Chaumian cash embedded in the blockchain, and
Chaumian cash is storage heavy and requires excessive levels of trust.

---