[Cryptography] Crypto basic income

Guilherme Campos gpirescampos at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 12:41:07 EDT 2017

I've written a "food for thought" kind of article around the usage of
cryptocurrencies for universal basic income (
https://medium.com/@guilhermepcampos/universal-crypto-basic-income-460fc46207f6).
And, although this is not 100% on topic, I would definitely like some
opinions around usage of biometrics for key generation. More precisely on:

   - Do you think it will be possible, at some point, to have some sort of
   biometric public key infrastructure, where public and private keys are
   directly pegged to a persons biometric details?
   - Could biometrics completely replace the need for passwords?
   - If compromise of biometric details occurs, how would one go around to
   solve this, since it's not possible to, for example, create a new
   fingerprint for a person?

Thank you,
Guilherme