[Cryptography] Severe flaw in WPA2 protocol leaves Wi-Fi traffic open to eavesdropping

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 12:01:54 EDT 2017

> From:  The eero team <support at eero.com>
> Subject: Your network's been automatically updated
>
>To my delight, I just received [yet another binary blob] !
> I gotta tell ya, that's just amazing.  It gives me the good chills.

As opposed to delight, others may rightfully find it
amazingly, 'eer'ily, chilling, to be buying and using
effectively closed source software, on closed hardware,
that carries vital and private network traffic within their
home, is connected to the wide open internet, accepts
new code blobs under unpublished and unreviewed
management, authentication and security models,
from unknown remote locations by unknown entities,
who may be subject to outside attack, control, coercion,
bribery, operation, infiltration, or legal usurption,
who may in fact get off on monitoring everything in your
home, to wit cameras and microphones in today's always
on, funneling environment to internet, corporate mined,
'smart' devices.

Beware bliss of breezy day, lest it blow chill into
your boudoir at night.

#OpenFabs, #OpenHW, #OpenSW