[Cryptography] [FORGED] Response to weak RNGs in Taiwanese and Estonian digital ID cards?

Hanno Böck hanno at hboeck.de
Thu Oct 26 18:46:42 EDT 2017

On Wed, 25 Oct 2017 01:28:58 +0000
Peter Gutmann <pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz> wrote:

> What I'd like to see is a response from the organistions who
> certified them as secure.

Good luck getting an answer.

I covered this for a german news article [1] and asked both BSI (german
office for it security, they were responsible for the CC certification)
and NIST about a statement. I'm still waiting for an answer.

It seems the gov agencies responsible for certification aren't willing
to talk about this incident.

[1]
http://www.zeit.de/digital/datenschutz/2017-10/infineon-verschluesslung-personalausweis-tpm-bsi-zertifiziert
--
Hanno Böck
https://hboeck.de/

mail/jabber: hanno at hboeck.de
GPG: FE73757FA60E4E21B937579FA5880072BBB51E42