[Cryptography] Cryptocurrency: Rubin Report with Roger Ver, plus Rick Falkvinge on RT

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 03:51:09 EST 2017

On 11/28/17, Ben Laurie <benl at google.com> wrote:
> On 27 November 2017 at 23:15, grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DN6NscwzbMvI
>>
>> Rubin Report: Roger Ver (Bitcoin Investor) joins Dave to
>> discuss Bitcoin 101. Bitcoin is digital money used for
>> secure and instant transfer of value anywhere in the world.
>> It is not controlled or issued by any bank or government,
>> instead it is an open network which is managed by its users
>>

>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dl6Obc_cJba4
>>
>> RT's Sophie: The digital currency Bit=D1=81oin, once a toy for computer
>> nerds, is now soaring in price, triggering a new gold rush. Is it just
>> another bubble, or a glimpse into a radically different financial future?
>> We ask Rick Falkvinge, CEO of BitCoin Cash and founder of the
>> Swedish Pirate Party
>>

>> Two fine conversations covering crypto technological, social,
>> political, monetary... worth passing on.

> Let me guess.

Yes, the above disclosed act of guessing would be precisely the case of
all those who reply that have not watched the videos, further evidenced
by their lack of quoting some actual content from them for discussion.

So maybe we must guess the two that follow may mean possible
general crypto areas of:

A) Crypto investing? Perhaps must try to further divine what
components were being thought of in the below note...

> People who stand to make a ton of money out of it think its a
> fabulous idea.

Therefore investors investing in Google, or in the traditional stock
markets, or in any other business venture, is also not a fabulous idea?

Google exists to make tons of money [1], and stands to make tons
of money out of any successful offering it makes in the cryptocurency
space, therefore that would not be a fabulous idea? [2]

Or is it that even late comers (adopters) to any investment that by many
analysts (even now by Wall Street) is still expected to outperform
other investments over various timeframes, would not be fabulous idea
to still diversify into that?

Or perhaps it is investing in things that use and rely on crypto, such as
companies or crypto products, or even cryptocurrencies themselves,
in particular any crypto that has no proof beyond powers of two odds
estimates as to difficulty of attack, that would not be a fabulous idea?

What about reviewing, talking about, publishing news of, advocating for,
advertising, even believing in, crypto things, would that not be fabulous
idea?

[1] And by extension it's founders boards of directors, executives, shareholders
and investors, including both retail and employee stock purchasers,
employee wage earners, suppliers and customers, etc.
[2] To wit, even Paypal and its ancient model made / makes tons of money.

B) Decentral cryptocurrency tech / regulation / etc vs old world
versions of same

> Also, instant transfer? Oh really?

Yes really, decentralized cryptos as a class are generally faster than most old
world transfer schemes... even for each sub component of transfer such as:
preparing to and winding down from send/receive, actual pushbutton transmission
event to first visible ledger entry, through settlement / confirmation
/ guarantee of
transfer / deposit periods, and any human / digital approval periods,
required pre
and post regulatory paper filings, taxes, etc.