[Cryptography] OpenRandom.Org Z1FFER HWRNG

J.a.w.n j.a.w.n at tutanota.com
Thu Nov 9 15:04:04 EST 2017

8. Nov 2017 16:31 by grarpamp at gmail.com:

> http://www.openrandom.org
>
> Buy or build. Thermal, or older avalanche.

 While I love little open source projects like these and really enjoy seeing what people can do with little money and lots of passion.
I think that these kind of projects are the perfect use for cryptographic verification, https certs or shasums. The site is plain text, when let's encrypt certs are free and easy to install. There is no shasums of any files and other then the code being hosted on github there is no way to ensure it remains tamper free.
If I am cautious enough to go away and build my own RNG, I think I would have more piece of mind working from a secured source and with verifiable files.Not to be little what is a very nice project its more an observation, see u2f zero as an example.