[Cryptography] athletic event verification?

realcr realcr at gmail.com
Mon May 22 13:24:07 EDT 2017

In my opinion, if I own the measuring device, with enough effort I should
be able to cheat the sensors and make it sign over fake achievements.
My suggestion is to go for some kind of trusted social network, with
witnesses that see you achieve your athletic achievement and sign over it.
If enough friends of your friends have witnessed someone's athletic
achievement, maybe you can believe it too.

I have heard a similar question asked from a different angle: Can we create
a mobile app where you take a picture of a car that parks in a non parking
area, and it will give him a fine automatically?
How can we make sure no one can cheat the app?

real.