[Cryptography] Bizarre behavior of a non-smart mobile phone

Tom Mitchell mitch at niftyegg.com
Wed May 17 21:17:06 EDT 2017

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 10:53 AM, Vassilis Spiliopoulos
<vassilis at vask1lux.de> wrote:
> Could the perpetrator have installed some kind of new firmware?But how?
> Phones cannot be accessible by hijacking the 900mhz band...Only bluetooth
> could be your option, but the perpetrator should have been close to you...

There was a SMS hack called Pegasus that could take over an iPhone.
Given the current ransomware hacks I am a little unwilling to do web searches
for hacks.   Too many bad sites out there... ;-)

But like the old blue box phone hacks tone codes and now add odd SMS strings
all are known to do interesting perhaps bad things.

--
  T o m    M i t c h e l l