[Cryptography] stegophone

Dave Howe davehowe.pentesting at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 04:00:44 EDT 2017

On 30/03/2017 00:27, Michael Marking wrote:
> I just can't see how to protect it from a clever attack with probes
> and clock generators and refrigerants and such, and I can't see how to
> make it undetectable.
Not sure you even need to. Presume you can back up everything to an
encrypted OTG device, then before you enter the airport remove the
device, reinit the phone as blank/empty with no password at all, and put
the OTG in your wallet or something.  If asked, say you were issued a
clean, unused device for the trip because it's Company Policy not to
carry customer data though customs.

Once at your hotel or whatever, reinstall the app from the internet and
restore the phone from the OTG. should be easy enough to make the OTG
look like an unformatted micro sd card in case they demand to go though
your wallet too.