[Cryptography] escalating threats to privacy

Tom Mitchell mitch at niftyegg.com
Wed Mar 29 00:12:20 EDT 2017

On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 5:08 PM, John Denker via cryptography <
cryptography at metzdowd.com> wrote:

> 1) Quoting from:
>   https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/mar/26/
> intelligence-services-access-whatsapp-amber-rudd-
> westminster-attack-encrypted-messaging
>
> > [UK Home Secretary Amber Rudd] said it was “completely unacceptable”
> > that the government could not read messages protected by end-to-end
> > encryption

 There was no encryption in this: tora tora tora

The word *tora* (虎) means "tiger" in Japanese and was sent in the "clear".

She is a bit odd in her politics and perspective:
''Home Secretary Amber Rudd’s speech to the Conservative Party
conference on foreign workers was treated as a “hate incident” by police.''

I fear she might get what she wants but it will not stop groups with bad
intentions.

--
  T o m    M i t c h e l l