[Cryptography] Secret Handshake problem.

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Sun Mar 12 20:57:28 EDT 2017

Jerry Leichter <leichter at lrw.com> writes:

>The blacklisting is presumably done by the wronged sex worker.  So instead
>have the worker whitelist a "good" customer by giving them a token.

That won't work, the clients will never consent to that.  The reason why the
average lifetime of a sex worker's phone is about three weeks is a combination
of them being misplaced/left behind during work, and the clients grabbing them
and throwing them out the window of the car or otherwise destroying them in
order to cut down on the chances of them being tracked or being used as
evidence against them.  Asking them to carry a "I frequent prostitutes" token
is pretty much the opposite of what they're after.

Peter.