[Cryptography] [ANNOUNCE] HashCash Digital Cash

Ashish Gulhati crypto at ashish.neomailbox.com
Thu Jun 22 16:40:17 EDT 2017

> On Jun 22, 2017, at 12:03 PM, Patrick Chkoreff <patrick at rayservers.net> wrote:
>
> Right.  So if I want to pay my friend Charles, I just send him one of my
> coins directly and now he has a copy of it.  For his own peace of mind,
> he should then exchange that coin with a new one at the vault though.
> Is that correct?

Yes, unless he trusts you not to double spend, in which case he can just keep
your coin and not even bother to exchange it with the vault. In this case the
payment is also completely fee-free.

> By the way, how does my own wallet know that I've sent that coin off, so
> it can mark it as no longer usable and I don't accidentally try to spend
> it again?  I suppose that has something to do with the "Export" process.
> Am I right?

Yes, when you Export coins, they get taken out of your wallet and put into an
exported coins table in the coin stash. In case they get lost in transit or
something you could get them back from the exported table.

> I would try it myself, but I've been busy with other things today.  I
> did attempt to download the CPAN software though.  (What follows might
> look like a complaint but it really isn't.)

There are ready to run executables on the website as well.

>  Can't locate Authen/TuringImage.pm in …

The required prereqs only include those needed for automated testing of the
module by CPAN Testers. The other modules needed to run the wallet and/or
vault are optional prereqs and don’t get installed by default when you
run “cpan Crypt::HashCash”.

However if you install as below all the prereqs should get installed:

cpan
cpan[1]> o conf recommends_policy 1
cpan[2]> install Crypt::HashCash

Thanks for pointing this out. I will update the website with this info.

Cheers

#!