[Cryptography] [ANNOUNCE] HashCash Digital Cash

Ashish Gulhati crypto at ashish.neomailbox.com
Wed Jun 21 15:05:45 EDT 2017

> On Jun 20, 2017, at 11:29 PM, Ray Dillinger <bear at sonic.net> wrote:
>

> On 06/20/2017 11:06 PM, Ashish Gulhati wrote:
>> An untraceable, permissionless digital cash system based on blind
>> signatures.
>>

> You, uh, might want to rename that.  "HashCash" already means
> something else.  It's a denial-of-service countermeasure by
> Adam Back.

Hashcash is a denial-of-service countermeasure by Adam Back.
HashCash is a digital cash system by me.

iOS is an OS for mobile devices by Apple.
IOS is an OS for routers and switches by Cisco.

Capitalization matters.

There’s also a section on this in the FAQ.

Adam agreed that I’m free to use HashCash (and the domains hashcash.com
and hashcash.net) for my project, when I gave him the hashcash.org domain
back in 2003.

I’ve been thinking and working on this project for over 20 years, and it’s always
been HashCash in my mind and in the code. I think “HashCash” is too nice a
name to be reserved solely for something that isn’t actually a cash system.

Cheers

#!