[Cryptography] [Crypto-practicum] Can we get some damn security defaults?!

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Wed Jun 21 12:26:55 EDT 2017

In article <CAOPE6Pj7zGHRcp2xeerEjr5OXrxKbKXZprJhQ_oza4_7U=pOgw at mail.gmail.com> you write:
>Also reported on:
>    http://www.zdnet.com/article/security-lapse-exposes-198-million-united-states-voter-records/

>> Looks like consultants for the Republican party managed to fumble an
>> extensive database on about 200 million people.  62% of the US
>> population, by that count.

>I am yet to find the link where you sign up for the class action lawsuit. :)

I wouldn't hold my breath.  Voter registration records in the US are
public, so that part of the leak isn't a leak.

The rest of the database is apparently guesses about things like
religion and which way people might vote on various issues.  So it's
creepy, but it's not personal information about you.

R's,
John